I want to wish everyone celebrating Thanksgiving a very Happy Thanksgiving a bit early! Since I always post Books from the Backlog on Thursdays, I decided to push this post up a day.
I hope that everyone gets their fill of turkey, stuffing, and all the goodies. I will have my eye on the dessert table all day since I have a big sweet tooth.
Some of the things that I am thankful for this Thanksgiving:
(in no particular order)
- The friends I have made through my blog – Every single one of you mean a lot to me. I have been blogging for nearly 6 years and I have really gotten to know a few of you over the years. Some of you are more recent friends and I am having a great time getting to you better. Every comment means the world to me. The book blogging community lost a valued member this year which really put things into perspective. I think about Grace all the time and I think about you. Sometimes I see a book and think about the blogger that I think would enjoy it or a review that someone wrote that makes me want to pick it up.
- My husband – We will be celebrating our 20th anniversary in just a couple of weeks which is hard to believe. We drive each other crazy at times but we really do make a great team. He will always lend a hand when I need one and doesn’t complain as I fill our house with books.
- My kids – If you visit my blog regularly you probably feel like you know my younger daughter. I am very proud of both of my kids and am enjoying watching them thrive as young adults.
- My dogs – My three dogs are my favorite kids. They are all such sweet girls and they bring me so much joy. Yes, people think that we are crazy for having three dogs in the house but I think it must be the good kind of crazy.
- My family and friends – I am lucky enough to have a larger family in my life. My husband is one of 6 kids so his family is quite large. I am one of three kids but we often see a lot of more distant relatives on my side of the family. I have a wonderful network to support me and it has been a joy to welcome new additions and watch them grow over the years.
- Publishers, Authors, NetGalley, and Edelweiss – I feel like I am very lucky to be trusted with early copies of some pretty amazing books so that I can share my opinion with the world. It still surprises me that anyone cares what I think about these books. I love the feeling I get when I open a package and find a book that I can’t wait to read or receive an email telling me that I was approved for a book. Thank you for making this little hobby of mine a little more enjoyable!
- All the things I sometimes take for granted – I have my health which is a lot to be thankful for. I always have food to put on the table and money to pay the bills. We had some rough months this year with my husband’s job loss but even at the worst, it was manageable. I am lucky to live in a city with great libraries and plenty of entertainment options. I am even thankful that I have a job that I don’t mind doing.
We will be headed to my mother’s house for Thanksgiving and will celebrate with my husband’s family this weekend.
What are your Thanksgiving plans? What are you thankful for this year?
happy 20th anniversary! I hope I can last that lonng tooo !
I don't celebrate Thanksgiving, but I sure wish you a great one! And 20 years of marriage is awesome, hope you and your husband can have an amazing celebration, cheers to you both!!
We don't have Thanksgiving in the UK but we do get the Black Friday sales which I've dabbled in this year to grab a few cds and dvd boxsets. We have our turkey on Christmas Day! I always enjoy visiting your blog Carole and I'm pretty attached to those who visit my blog too!
Yes, so much to be thankful for. Congrats on 20 years of wedded bliss (I say that tongue in cheek a little b/c it's not always bliss, but you know what I mean)! 🙂
We're going to my in-laws for the first part of the afternoon and friends for the latter half. I'm grateful for both my in-laws who welcomed me into the family and supported us through thick and thin.
Happy Thanksgiving, Carole!
Congratulations on 20 years together! I know this year has been a bit rough for you both so it's great you're still a good team 🙂
Happy Thankgiving! Happy anniversary! You have many blessings and I am thrilled you have them. I am so happy to know you a little. You deserve all those joys and more.
Anne – Books of My Heart
Happy Thanksgiving. Everyone is coming over to my place tomorrow.
happy thanksgiving to everyone that celebrates. a wonderful post and an early happy anniversary
sherry @ fundinmental
I was so sad to come back to blogging and learn about Grace. It breaks my heart. Being in the book blogging community for so long, its so rough. But I am thankful for all the friends I've made her also.
Happy Thanksgiving Carole to you and your family and oh wow happy 20th anniversary!
Wow, 20! Congrats 😀
Happy almost THanksgivinig
Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
This is a beautiful list, and I am grateful to have found you! Happy Thanksgiving!
Twenty years is awesome! I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving:)
We all have so much to be grateful for. Thanks for sharing your beautiful list with us.