I want to wish everyone celebrating Thanksgiving a very Happy Thanksgiving a bit early! Since I always post Books from the Backlog on Thursdays, I decided to push this post up a day.
I hope that everyone gets their fill of turkey, stuffing, and all the goodies. I will have my eye on the dessert table all day since I have a big sweet tooth.
Some of the things that I am thankful for this Thanksgiving:
(in no particular order)
- The friends I have made through my blog – Every single one of you mean a lot to me. I have been blogging for nearly 6 years and I have really gotten to know a few of you over the years. Some of you are more recent friends and I am having a great time getting to you better. Every comment means the world to me. The book blogging community lost a valued member this year which really put things into perspective. I think about Grace all the time and I think about you. Sometimes I see a book and think about the blogger that I think would enjoy it or a review that someone wrote that makes me want to pick it up.
- My husband – We will be celebrating our 20th anniversary in just a couple of weeks which is hard to believe. We drive each other crazy at times but we really do make a great team. He will always lend a hand when I need one and doesn’t complain as I fill our house with books.
- My kids – If you visit my blog regularly you probably feel like you know my younger daughter. I am very proud of both of my kids and am enjoying watching them thrive as young adults.
- My dogs – My three dogs are my favorite kids. They are all such sweet girls and they bring me so much joy. Yes, people think that we are crazy for having three dogs in the house but I think it must be the good kind of crazy.
- My family and friends – I am lucky enough to have a larger family in my life. My husband is one of 6 kids so his family is quite large. I am one of three kids but we often see a lot of more distant relatives on my side of the family. I have a wonderful network to support me and it has been a joy to welcome new additions and watch them grow over the years.
- Publishers, Authors, NetGalley, and Edelweiss – I feel like I am very lucky to be trusted with early copies of some pretty amazing books so that I can share my opinion with the world. It still surprises me that anyone cares what I think about these books. I love the feeling I get when I open a package and find a book that I can’t wait to read or receive an email telling me that I was approved for a book. Thank you for making this little hobby of mine a little more enjoyable!
- All the things I sometimes take for granted – I have my health which is a lot to be thankful for. I always have food to put on the table and money to pay the bills. We had some rough months this year with my husband’s job loss but even at the worst, it was manageable. I am lucky to live in a city with great libraries and plenty of entertainment options. I am even thankful that I have a job that I don’t mind doing.
We will be headed to my mother’s house for Thanksgiving and will celebrate with my husband’s family this weekend.
What are your Thanksgiving plans? What are you thankful for this year?