The big news this week is the blog. I woke up last Sunday and just decided that I wanted to move to a self-hosted WordPress blog. So I just did it. I spent almost all day on Sunday poking around and figuring out how things work. Or trying to. I posted a review on my old blog on Monday but later that day all of my posts were moved to the new blog and the old blog was redirected to the new one on Tuesday. I started posting on the new blog on Wednesday and there have only been a few hiccups. I spent about 2 hours before I was able to get the link up to work for Thursday’s post but I got there eventually. I still haven’t been able to claim the new blog on Bloglovin’ but hopefully I’ll get that figured out soon.
In other news, we had snow on Tuesday. Snow. In April. I don’t even understand this weather.
Yesterday, I went to two local bookstores for Independent Bookstore Day. I had such a good time picking out books and chatting about books with other book lovers. I have been trying really hard to make sure that I am supporting these bookstores just as much as I can lately. They need my business so much more than Amazon does. We finished the day with some shopping for decorative items for the house and a nice lunch out. All in all, it was a great day.
What I’m Reading
I only finished one book this week but that really isn’t much of a surprise when you consider how much time I spent working on the new blog. I finished listening to Max Abaddon and the Purity Law by Justin S. Leslie and did enjoy it quite a bit.
I did start reading The Most Beautiful Girl in Cuba by Chanel Cleeton and am really enjoying it. I probably would have finished it already if I had had any time to actually sit down and read. I am listening to Darkroom by Kate Willoughby and am loving it so far.
- Falling by T.J. Newman (Publisher via NetGalley)
- Paper & Blood by Kevin Hearne (Publisher via NetGalley)
- Never Saw You Coming by Erin Hahn (Publisher via NetGalley)
- Devil in Disguise by Lisa Kleypas (Publisher via NetGalley)
- We Begin at the End by Chris Whitaker
- Finlay Donovan is Killing It by Elle Cosimano
- Win by Harlan Coben (ARC)
- Feral Creatures by Kira Jane Buxton (ARC)
- Better Than the Movies by Lynn Painter (ARC)
- My Heart is a Chainsaw by Stephen Graham Jones (ARC)
- The Maidens by Alex Michaelides (ARC)
- A Vow so Bold and Deadly by Brigid Kemmerer
Favorite Instagram Post of the Week