Where is this year going? Time is really flying by this year. I felt like March was a rather slow reading month for me until I sat down to do this post and realized that I had actually finished quite a few books. I am currently ahead on my Goodreads Reading Challenge with 43 books completed so far this year. I really read a wide variety of books during the month of March and really enjoyed most of them.
- Adulthood is a Myth by Sarah Anderson ★★★★☆
- Fire Touched by Patricia Briggs ★★★★★
- The Promise of Forgiveness by Marin Thomas ★★★★☆
- Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke ★★☆☆☆
- One for the Money by Janet Evanovich ★★★☆☆
- Off the Grid by C.J. Box ★★★★☆
- Speakers of the Dead by J. Aaron Sanders ★★★★★
- Fowl Language by Brian Gordon ★★★★★
- Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues by Diana Rowland ★★★★☆
- Fool Me Once by Harlan Coben ★★★★★
- Keep Me Posted by Lisa Beazley ★★★★☆
- The Flood Girls by Richard Fifield ★★★☆☆
- Pack by Jeaniene Frost ★★★★☆
- Dodgers by Bill Beverly ★★★☆☆
- He Will Be My Ruin by K.A. Tucker ★★★★☆
- Nobody But You by Jill Shalvis ★★★★☆
- Cuff Me by Lauren Layne ★★★★☆
- I really am a bit surprised that I have been able to post every day in 2016 so far. I haven’t always felt like sitting down to do my blog posts but once I get started I do enjoy it. I hope to keep going at least for a while longer.
- I participated in 2 blog tours this month and I have to admit that it stressed me out a bit. Deadlines and me don’t get along.
- I haven’t done as well at visiting blogs as I would like. I love going to visit and comment on other blogs but my schedule doesn’t always cooperate with me.
Outside of the Blog
- Life was somewhat overwhelming at times this month. I took some much needed time off before Easter which really helped me slow down a bit.
- My daughter was on spring break during my time off from work and we really had a good time hanging out together.
- I have started taking the dogs for a pretty long walk every day that the weather cooperates. I need the exercise and so do they. A tired dog is a good dog.
- I have been enjoyed The Walking Dead every week this month and am a bit scared about the season finale next week. Daryl had better be okay is all I can say.
How was your month? Do you have any reading or blogging goals for April?
Look like a great reading month even if it was a bit slow! I hope you enjoyed In a Dark, Dark Wood. I LOVED the audio for that one. WOW to posting everyday this year so far. Great job!!
I really liked In a Dark, Dark Wood and couldn't imagine it in any other format except the audio. The narrator was perfect for that story. Thanks, Grace!
I had to stop working with deadlines too-I was getting way too stressed! Congrats on being ahead in your Goodreads Challenge! And thank you again for all the visits you make to my blog…I always enjoy hearing from you!
Thanks, Chuckles! I am going to try to give myself fewer deadlines moving forward and just try to have some fun with the blog.
Looks like a great month! Posting everyday is kind of addictive. Once you get into the pattern it just seems impossible to stop. That's so fun that you had some time to hang out with your daughter. It's so hard to work that time in when they get older but so worth it. I can't wait for your review of In a Dark Dark Wood and The Obsession. I loved In a Dark Dark Wood and I always enjoy a Nora Roberts suspense though some more than others. Hope April is fantastic!
I told myself that I can't skip a day of posting until I am completely caught up with my reviews which will probably never happen. Thanks, Katherine!
Great month, Carole. I'm just a little ahead of my challenge, which is surprising considering I've had plenty of time on my hands. Anyway, good luck in April!
I surpassed my Goodreads goal by quite a bit last year. I should end up way ahead of the goal I set this year as well. I really try not to stress too much about my reading.
Wow, 43 books this year. I wish I could read that fast. My TBR pile wouldn’t seem so ridiculous then. Happy April!
Aj @ Read All The Things!
I do count my audiobooks in that total and some of the titles are short but I do read fairly quickly. My TBR pile is still out of control though.
Fun surprise that you read more than you thought and a variety at that. Yay that you got a mental health break and time with your daughter. And kudos for getting out and exercising. 🙂
Have a good April!
It was kind of nice to see that I actually did more last month than I thought I did. I had a lot of fun with my daughter and am loving all of the walks we take with the dogs.
Wow, great month in reading for you! You read a ton and posted a ton, I'm impressed.
I really want to read the Obsession! And I totally agree that a tired dog is the best! I love making them happy with a long walk!
My March Recap
I feel like I did pretty good especially when you consider how busy the rest of my life was in March. Tired dog times 3 is sometimes a needed thing. 🙂
Good for you going on walks…exercise does so much good even if its a little bit every day. Great books you got read. I really can't wait for Jill Shalvis's book though.
I love walking the dogs. I used to take them by myself every morning before work and when I got home. Unfortunately, when we adopted our third puppy I found it was nearly impossibly to walk all 3 of them alone. I have been making someone come along with me.
Hey, nicely done! You did great this month. Sorry you didn't like Wink Poppy Midnight though. :/ I hope you have a very successful and fun April!
Have a lovely weekend. 🙂
Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!
Wink Poppy Midnight wasn't for me at all. I had the book pre-ordered to bring with me to an author signing but cancelled it after reading my review copy. Disappointing. I do think that most people will enjoy it though.